1) STUFF – what does ‘stuff’ even mean?
2) HONESTLY – implies everything you’ve said before is a lie.
3) REALLY – adds no value.
4) AMAZING – if everything is amazing, nothing is.
5) NEVER – it’s too indefinite.
6) MAYBE – makes you sound uncertain.
Dyane Neiman is the Moving Speaker: www.moving-speaker.com. She helps business professionals at all levels, who are challenged to speak in public, in English. She always reminds people to speak mindfully and avoid using meaningless words. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag: smart speaking tips; writing tips, public speaking tools and tips.